Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

175 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What causes back pain along with swelling in the legs?

Answered by
Dr. Nagamani Ng

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2010

Answered : 652 Questions

Posted on Fri, 20 Jul 2018 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: My relative is suffering from back pain. and drug allergy from 3 years .her back pain started when he she met with accident .when she gets back pain her legs also getting swollen .what is the reason behind this?
Answered by Dr. Nagamani Ng 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Get MRI of the spine

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting the query.

The symptoms she is complaining of more likely due to spinal injury. I suggest you to get the MRI scan of lumbosacral spine. For what medicines is she allergic to ?

Has she taken any treatment?
Does she get the pain all through out the day? Or any aggravating factors?
What kind of work she by occupation?

Revert back so that i can help you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Nagamani Ng 14 minutes later

She is Allergic to Sulphur drugs.When she use the medicine which consists of sulphur.
She is effected with allergy like sneezing and her eyes get swollen in such a way we can't identify that she is having eyes,and through out the day she will be sneezing.

She didn't took any treatment.When she travels or when she is stressed with heavy lifting she gets the pain through out the day.

She is a student.

Answered by Dr. Nagamani Ng 1 minute later
Brief Answer:
Get investigated

Detailed Answer:
For allergy the only treatment option is to avoid the allergen. So ask her to avoid the sulphur contained drugs.

But the back pain as she is complaining of radiation to legs and swelling in the legs, She has to get investigated. MRI lumbar spine is suggested by me. You can take the opinion once by consulting any orthopedician.

Any issue do follow up.

Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on