What causes back pain after an accident during pregnancy?

Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Infertility Specialist

Posted on Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Accident and Emergency
Question: I am 30 years old and 2 month pregnate i was in a car accident 2 days ago they hit me from behind. Noghing hurt me as soon as they hit my car but 1 hr later everything started hurting my back, neck,arm,head, hand,feet,rist,i went to the hospital and they could not do xrays because i was 2 months pregnate they did do a sonagram and everything was fine with the baby. But today i can move but it hurts a lot i am only taking tynolaw because of my pregnacy. How can i find out if i dislocated a bone or if i broke a bone with out s xray help i am in pain ty
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Orthopedic examination

Detailed Answer:

I read your query and I understand your concerns.

Following is my reply:

1) Orthopedic examination generally helps in diagnosing the cause of pain.

2) It can differentiate from a fracture.

3) You can have the medicines given and wait for atleast another 2 weeks.

4) X-ray Cannot be done. You can opt for MRI if really necessary.

5) A good examination by an orthopedician can differentiate from fracture.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol
Follow up: Dr. Mahesh Koregol 5 minutes later
Ty very much
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please write review

Detailed Answer:

I hope my answer was helpful.

Please write review.