What causes atrophy, weakness and pain in the hands?

Excellent
Question
Hi i am lost and just need a bit of reassurance. Long post coming. To start off i believe i have sever health anxiety. It’s been happening for three months. Before that i had no prior medical scares at all and i was and still am(from a medical standpoint) in tip top shape. Blood work is great. Had a ct scan on my brain and it was normal. Urine is normal. Everything is normal. About a month ago i started to get this weird feeling in my hands that i just didn’t quite feel right it was like weakness mix with i don’t know but it was just off. Went to the er they said see someone but everything looks fine. Went on the next few days. Working. I am a reseller on eBay so what i do is spend 10+ hours a day a few times a week picking through big bins a clothes. One day when i was done something in my wrist inflamed and the er doc said it was my nerves. The next day something in my other wrist inflamed and they said it was my nerves. Was told it was carpel tunnel. Me having health anxiety. I research. And come up with a million other things that i probably shouldn’t be worried about like ms and als. It also didn’t help that i wore my wrist braces for a week straight pretty much and my muscles got really weak. So now mentally i feel like I’m breaking down. I guess my question is can you pinpoint what i have? In both arms my hands are weaker than normal but more in my left. The atrophy is in both arms and i believe it is mostly the forearms. In my left arm i feel the nerve pain mostly in my thumb index finger and middle finger. Occasionally I’ll feel a little twinge in the other two. In my right arm i have a bit of pain coming from my inner elbow and when i press it i feel it in my pinky and ring finger. Like i said i have health anxiety and read up on too much so I’m not sure what is the anxiety or what is another illness. Thank you for your time.
Tue, 5 Jun 2018 in Mental Health

Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:
Hello, and thanks for your question.

I have read your description carefully. What you are describing is very very unlikely to have a medical cause, and is instead increased perception of normal bodily sensations caused by your health anxiety. I would not be worried.

Dr. Sheppe

Follow-up: What causes atrophy, weakness and pain in the hands? 58 minutes later
So you are saying i don’t even have any nerve damage or any thing other then health anxiety? Cause i know i have health anxiety but you are saying my injury was caused completely by stress?

Not trying to undermine your expertise just having a conversation

Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Followup

Detailed Answer:
Yes the sensations you describe having now are most likely due to stress.

Dr. Sheppe

Follow-up: What causes atrophy, weakness and pain in the hands? 13 minutes later

Thank you i will try my best and manage the stress better. This is really debilitating stuff i had no idea it was this powerful

Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Followup

Detailed Answer:
You're welcome!

Dr. Sheppe