What causes ammonia smell in urine while on antibiotics for pain?
Pls see detailed answer.
Good day and thank you being with healthcare magic!
A strong smell in the urine can be percieved as an ammonia smell. It is a non specific symptom and may be due to multiple factors such as dehydration, consumption of foods rich in protein (meats), green leafy vegetables. It may also be a sign of urinary tract infection and kidney stones.
I suggest to drink plenty of water and if the smell persists then You may need to submit a urine sample for a urinalysis to check if you have infection or stones.
I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications at: http://www.HealthcareMagic.com/doctors/dr-manuel-c-see-iv/66014 I would gladly help you. Best wishes.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes lobster ammonia smell
- What causes smell of ammonia in nose and nausea
- Would levothroxine cause ammonia urine
- Does hcg diet cause ammonia smelling urine
- Does sertraline cause ammonia smell in urine
- What causes a bleach or ammonia smell in the nose
- What causes pain while urination with abnominal pain
- What causes smell of sulfur or ammonia in my nose
- What causes ammonia smell in nose
- What is the cause of ammonia smell in my nostrils
- Scrotum became very dry and flakes off. Had unprotected sex. Could this...
- Frequent urination and feeling of inadequate void. What could be the...
- Diagnosed with Epididymitis. Prescribed with metronidazole. Relieved...
- Had unprotected sex and penis is red. Anything serious?
- Noticed tightness in skin on shaft of penis. Having pain and lost skin...
- Have problem of small penis both in erect and flaccid state. Should i...
- Experiencing bladder infection with bleeding. Urine test showed blood in...
- What does blood in urine indicate?
- Does a blood and urine test rule out an occult infection,or can it be...
- What causes painful urination when suffering from Old man's disease?