• question-icon

What causes abdominal pain along with urinary incontinence?

Posted on Mon, 10 Jul 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I want to ask that if i hold my urine in the night, then after some time i feel pain on the right side and feel full, however once i empty then its very normal.
About 2 year ago when i did abdominal scan that time doctor told me there is some thick portion in kidney connecting pipes on right side, but didn't tell me anything much on that.

Please advise.
Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Pain due to build up pressure

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern. The pain you were feeling on the side is obviously due to urine build up which puts pressure on the urinary tract and causes pain. This is normal but you should be wary to not hold your urine for a long time as this may cause a series of problems in your urinary tract.
If this was a one off event or occasionally happens only after having had a full bladder for a long time then there is nothing to worry about. The thing you mentioned that came up in the abdominal scan two years ago doesn't really sound worthy of attention either.
However, if the pain continues on a regular basis, have pain or burning on urination, blood in the urine then I urge you to see a doctor as soon as possible.
I hope this answers your question. You're welcome to ask any further questions you might have.
Wishing you good health and all the best.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Ornela Ademovi