What causes a small blood-filled itchy lump under armpit?

Posted on Fri, 5 Jun 2015 in Lump
Question: I have a small blood-filled itchy lump under my armpit on or near a hair follicle. It feels like there is more under the skin and it is fairly hard. It has been there for 24 hours and has not changed (not enlarged or become more irritated). There is also some redness around it. Could it be a tick or something malignant? Also, it is Friday night and I'm not sure if I should go to an emergency room. If it is a tick, I can't imagine how it got there and I don't know if I should try to get it out. (Can't really see if it's a tick.)
Answered by Dr. Praveen 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Visit ER.Hope you are covered by insurance

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear.Thanks for your query.

I have throughly read your query & deeply understand your concern.
I were to examine the affected area, drain the content under aseptic precaution, ask for the relevant labs(if necessary) and put you on antibiotic prophylaxis.Recommend to drop in ER if you have been covered under insurance.
Donot try to get away with it since the chances of infection(formation of pus) are high.

Dr.Praveen
Dr. Praveen