What causes a painful lump on the knee during treatment after knee surgery?
no, but examination is required by surgeon
Hi and welcome.
This is probably seroma or hematoma and it would be good if this is drained out by needle or incision before it become infected. This is not something life-threathening but surgical therapy is definitely required especially if there was already a revision. If this is abscess with pain redness and fever then he should visit ER. Wish you god health. Regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diarrhea after knee surgery
- Knee surgery after stroke
- Suggest treatment for pain after knee surgery
- Blister treatment knee surgery
- What is the cause and treatment for knee pain
- Underwear during knee surgery
- Painful lump on knee treatment
- Anxiety and depression after knee surgery what is the treatment
- Pain in foot after knee surgery
- Having mild knee pain what is the cause and treatment
- Does intake of Ibuprofen help in treating hematomas?
- Suggest remedies for bi-lateral swelling in feet and ankles
- What causes constant stomach pain with blood in stool?
- What are symptoms of chikungunya?
- What does skin like discharge from the anus indicate?
- Suggest treatment for enterobacter UTI
- Suggest treatment for pain in the arm after injury
- What causes prolonged healing of the toenail in a diabetic patient?
- What does this blood report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for symptoms of UTI