What causes a loud pop and stabbing pain in the ribs after injury?
Thanks for the query
Usually uncomplicated XXXXXXX fractures heal on their own and need no special care. Avoid lying towards the side that makes you uncomfortable.
The loud pop could be movement of the fracture. Maybe if you'd splint the fracture you'd find better relief. If you ever do develop shortness of breath or feeling of heaviness in the chest, you should show to the Emergency Medicine physician top rule out bleeding around the lung.
As of now it wouldn't have gotten worse because rib fractures have excellent tendency to heal.
You can continue with the pain meds and do follow up with your doctor after a couple of weeks.
I hope I have answered your query.
I will be available to answer your follow up queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could cause stabbing pain in the lower head
- What causes severe stabbing pain under the sternum
- Stabbing pain comes and goes rib injury
- Stabbing pain causes
- What causes stabbing pains in my eye sockets
- Severe stabbing pain in groin what is causing this
- Stabbing pain mid sternum no injury
- What causes stabbing pain in vaagina
- What could cause stabbing pain in abdomen after sneezing
- What could cause stabbing pain on abdomen and shoulder