What caues recurrent boils on stomach?
for the last 50 days m getting regular boils(28 Years old, before tht never in my life i had boils), in the beginning i dont take ny medicine nd it cured by itself b ut next time i took Almox-500 it cured 70 % and i stopped using and now again i have got boils on my stomach and have started using Almox for same.
Please prescribe some medicine for speedy recovery.
Thanks in Advance.
Hi. Thanks for posting your concern at Healthcaremagic
Recurrent furunculosis/boils is due to staphylococcus aureus colonization of the nasal flora and skin flora.
The best way to approach is to start on an empirical oral antibiotic for a week OR 10 days. My choice of oral antibiotic would have been Amoxycillin 500mg in combination with clavulanic acid 125 mg (Augmentin 625 mg), thrice daily, for a week
Cephalexin (Cap Phexin BD 750mg) twice daily
Cefadroxil 500mg (Tab Droxyl) twice daily, for a week. This would take care of the infection.
Besides, before starting antibiotics you should get a pus culture sensitivity test to determine the causative bacteria and its antibiotic sensitivity.
A blood sugar testing is also advisable
Oral antibiotics would help to eradicate the carrier state, but it may be required to continue antibiotics (guided by culture and sensitivity) for an extended period of time, say 1-3 months.
An OTC antibacterial cream/ointment e.g 2% mupirocin can be applied twice daily over the boils as well as to the Vestibule of the external nares, which would help to eradicate nasal carriage of staphylococcus aureus.
General precautions like maintaining meticulous hygiene (personal and surroundings), using antibacterial soaps would also help in addition.
Yes, one of the following antibiotics for a week e.g Augmentin 625 mg, thrice daily, for a week OR Cap Phexin BD 750 mg twice daily OR Tab Droxyl-Clav 625 mg twice daily, for a week.
Topical T-Bact Ointment, twice daily for a week over the boils as well as just inside the external nares, which would help to eradicate nasal carriage of staphylococcus aureus.
Antibacterial soap for bath e.g Soapex soap
Get a pus culture sensitivity before starting oral antibiotics and also a blood sugar test.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for Recurrent boils
- Diagnosis of Recurrent boils
- Recurrent boils on testicles what can i do
- Drugs/medication for Recurrent boils
- Recurrent boil on back of neck
- Recurrent boils before menses
- Recurrent boils in armpits in diabetes
- Recurrent boils turning black taken antibiotics have stomach pain
- Causes of recurrent boils
- Symptoms of Recurrent boils
- What causes recurring red bumps in vagina?
- Suggest treatment for vitiligo
- Suggest treatment for scalp psorasis
- What does a mole on body indicate?
- What causes dry patch of skin on my penis shaft?
- What causes dry lips and getting burns on my lips?
- Should I continue with antiretroviral drugs and get a repeat HIV test?
- Suggest treatment for freckle and open pores on face
- What causes white puss spot on penis head after an unprotected sex?
- What causes itching in the groin area?