Suggest treatment for itchy red rashes around the eyes and nose

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Thu, 30 Mar 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi , 3 days ago developed a red rash , bumps under the eyes and after a day around the nose too . Slightly itchy and scaly dry . Took allegra 180 in the day and Montair LC in the night. Applied boroline cream in the night and alovera gel in the day. No relief , it has spread to around nise area . Advice
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Either eczematous dermatitis or photodermatitis

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at HealthcareMagic
I have reviewed the attached photographs though they are not very clear.
It seems to be either eczematous dermatitis or photodermatitis to sun exposure.
If I was your treating doctor I would recommend you to apply topical steroid like mometasone cream on the bumps twice daily for 7-10 days.
No need to apply boroline and aloevera gel.
You can continue with tablet allegra and montair LC for few more days.
Steroidal creams are prescription drugs and you need to see the doctor in person to get them.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 43 minutes later
Saw a doctor -allegra 180 , montair LC , apply Burrow solution abd sfter it dries apply Desonide gel and he also advised me ti take Phexin BD 750 mg twice a day for 5 days .My question is do i need to take antibiotic Phexin BD 750 mg ????Any change you suggrst niw After i have seen a doctor
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can continue with the medicines, no need of antibiotic

Detailed Answer:
The medicines prescribed to you are fine. Desonide is also a topical steroid.
You can apply it on the bumps.
According to me there is no need to take antibiotic phexin.
You can continue with rest of the medicines.
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 1 hour later
This is my second outburst , about 16-17 days ago you had treated me fir rashes on my Back . So still you think No antibiotics ?
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Couldn't see any signs of infection, that's why feel no need of antibiotics

Detailed Answer:
Hi again,

As per those pictures you have uploaded, I couldn't see any signs of infection.
It is looking like an eczematous rash. That's why I feel that there is no need of antibiotics.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee