What can lead to severe burning sensation in the soles of the feet at night?
Possible diagnosis: Peripheral neuropathy.
Burning and other sensory alteration in feet are likely due to peripheral neuropathy. A clinical examination and nerve conduction studies can confirm the diagnosis. It is also recommended to screen for diabetes if neuropathy is confirmed (if not done already).
Please be advised to follow up with your primary care provider for further evaluation and management. Meanwhile, you can apply capsaicin cream to relieve the burning pain.
Hope this answers your question.
Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Burning in knees and soles of feet
- Feet soles cold sensation
- Treatment for burns on soles of feet
- Soles of feet burning and tingling
- Soles of feet sore at night
- Burning palms and soles of feet
- What causes pin prick sensation in soles of feet
- Itchy soles of feet at night
- Itching soles of feet at night
- Causes of burning sensation to feet soles