What can cause dry patches on the penis?
It may be contact dermatitis because of soap.
Can I come to know whether there is itching over that area? Is there any discharge from these sites? As per your history, you had used a different type of soap i.e chemical which may cause such rashes because of irritation i.e contact dermatitis.
Other causes of such rash over penis are fungal infection, pubic lice infection, scabies, yeast infection, sexually transmitted diseases.
You can continue with moisturizing cream alternate with hydrocortisone cream. Keep that part clean. Avoid such different type of soap. I think it's contact dermatitis. Kindly follow up with a detailed history.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Shyam B. Kale, General & Family Physician
It's contact dermatitis, follow measures as suggested.
As there is no itching and no discharge from the site, so we can rule out other differential diagnoses easily as I mentioned earlier.
So it's contact dermatitis. I will suggest you follow all the measures for that I have mentioned in the previous answer.
I hope this will clarify your concerns.
Dr. Shyam Kale,
Family and general physician.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of dry and itchy penis
- Dry patch on glans penis
- What is dry circuler patch on penis
- What causes dry penis hole
- Grey dry patch on penis
- Dry itchy patches on penis
- Circular dry patches on penis
- Dry discolored patches on penis
- Dry circle patches on penis
- What causes red patch on penis
- What causes pain and alterations in the shape of the testicle?
- What causes numbness and pain in the arms and lower right back along...
- What can cause dry patches on the penis?
- What causes fever and cough along with green mucus in the throat despite...
- Can Oxybutynin be taken for bladder spasms after recovering from UTI?
- Should I be concerned about cysts at the arches of the feet?
- Is Fertyl M tablet suitable for men or women?
- What energy supplements are safe to consume with milk by an elderly person?
- What causes swelling in the cheek while on Azithromycin for sinusitis...
- What can cause severe leg cramps and cold sweats?