Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

What can I do about my baby's feet which are not in right shape?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1528 Questions
I have a baby girl. She is 19 months old. Her weight is 11 kg.

Her feet is not in the right shape. Pls suggest what should I do ?
Posted Wed, 4 Jul 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 1 hour later
Thanks for posting your query.
I assume that you are referring to a problem called club feet or congenital talipo equino varus deformity of feet which is a common problem in children.
In this case the infants feet are turned inward and medially and the sole does not rest properly in the ground due to abnormal shape and movement of the heel .
If this is the case it is usually a congenital problem and depending on the severity it can be treated either with massage, physiotherapy , splints or surgery .
For a proper diagnosis you need to get your child evaluated by a pediatric orthopedic surgeon and get X-rays done .
Only after a physical examination and confirmation of diagnosis , the treatment and prognosis can be commented upon.
Also the earlier the diagnosis , the better would be the prognosis hence do not neglect this problem.
Hope I have answered your query.
I'll be available for any follow up queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What can I do about my baby's feet which are not in right shape? 20 minutes later
Thanks for your prompt response. If you can share Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeon detail in and around dwarka, delhi, that would be a great help.
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 35 minutes later
Thanks for the follow up.
I am very sorry but to be XXXXXXX being based in Mumbai I am not personally aware of any pediatric orthopedic surgeon in Dwarka, Delhi .
But you can use the "find a doctor" application from this forum to find reliable experienced doctors in your locality.
Another option is to visit medical institute attached government hospitals or corporate hospitals both of which usually have such super specialists available in their faculty.
If you are not able to specifically find a pediatric orthopedic surgeon nearby then you should first consult your pediatrician who willbe the better person to guide you .
Even an experienced XXXXXXX orthopedic surgeon can handle such cases well.
Hope that answers your query.
Kindly accept my answer if you have no further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor