• question-icon

What are the withdrawal symptoms of Norco?

Posted on Wed, 1 Jun 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I have been taking norco 10's for 2 years now. I take two in the morning and two in the evening a total of 4 a day. But I'm slowly weening myself for over a week. I'm now taking 1-1/2 in the morning and 1-1/2 in the evening. How hard will the withdraws be for me. I really want to get off of them. Also I take gabbipinten, methacarbmol too. And how long will I expect the withdraws to last. Thank you.

Ok, im now taking 1-1/2 in the morning and 1-1/2 in the evening. How bad will the withdraws and how long will it be? Im also taking gabapinten and methocarbamol .
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:
Hello, and thanks for your question.

You must wean yourself off very slowly. I would not decrease by more than 25% every two weeks. In other words, 1.5 in the AM and 1.5 in the PM for two weeks, then 1 in the AM and 1 in the PM for two weeks, and so on until off. If you do this, I would not expect any withdrawal. If you stop more abruptly, withdrawal usually lasts 3 to 5 days.

Please remember to rate and close this answer when you are finished and satisfied.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Followup

Detailed Answer:
You should not have withdrawal from this dose reduction (2 twice a day to 1.5 twice a day). It is not significant enough to cause withdrawal at all.

Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe

Psychiatrist