What are the symptoms of inguinal hernia?

Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein

General Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 22 Aug 2016 in Lump
Question: my dr. said I probably have an inguinal hernia, what are the simtons and what is the treatment?
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Surgery required if hernia

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome.
Symptoms of inguinal hernia is bulge felt inguinal region which is protruding during cough or physical activity. It is associated with burning pain or tingling in inguinal area. The only permanent solution is surgical repair and this is routine surgery today so if this is hernia, you should consult surgeon for further treatment. Wish you good health. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 4 hours later
What is the rehab time (days) and restictions like weight and driving?
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
Quick recovery

Detailed Answer:
Hi again.
Usually patient leaves hospital after 1 days, and usual daily activities can be started right after discharge. Driving is alowed after 3-4 days. There is no specific rehabilitation. Pain may be felt for 1-2 weeks but it will not be significant. We only recommend to sustain from weight (+10kg) lifting for 3-4 weeks.