What are the symptoms of HIV infection?
Your symptoms are not related to HIV infection.
Welcome to HCM
Thanks for posting your query.
Protected intercourse is always safe and it provides 99%safety with intact condom. We are encouraging discordant couples to have sex with condom and the uninfected spouses of the infected partners remain HIV free even after regular and consistant protected intercourse. Your symptoms are not related to HIV infection. Not to worry. Tests are not so reliable within a week of the exposure.
Dr S. Murugan
As i mention i have already done HIV Duo - 4th Generation test after completing my 5th week of exposure. ... So m i safe on it ?
For my 2nd exposure still its 1 week only.... So which & when report should i do ?
Can you please tell which symptoms so i should more conscious ? How symptoms continue ? means if i have fever or rashes then ?
HIV Combo test will become conclusive 3-4 weeks after the exposure.
Earliest manifestation of HIV can occur 4-6 weeks after the risky contact as fever, body pain etc. Not earlier than this.
Your test might be reliable to an extent as far as the first exposure is concerned and ruled out the possibility of HIV 1 infection and not that of the exposure done a week ago.
Your HIV risk is negligible with protected exposure. Anyhow if you want to have a test, you can take it 12 weeks after the exposure so that you can rule out both HIV 1 and 2 beyond any doubt.
Dr S Murugan
Now i have only worries of my second protected exposure which i took on 8th XXXXXXX There was a no rapture or damage of condom. But still i am feeling tense. So is that advisable to do report after 4th weeks of 4th Gen HIV Duo ? or suggest me any another report and suggestions.
Rapid, ELISA or 4th generation test 12 after exposure is conclusive.
Once again I affirm that protected sex has negligible risk for HIV.
Antibodies against HIV will appear only 6-8 weeks after the exposure (if infected) and may be delayed up to 12 weeks..
So your tests (both DNA Polymerase and 4th generation test can detect only antigens of HIV 1 infection only and not HIV 2 infection. That too, with regards to your second exposure, these tests can not be taken as final.
If you still are worrying about HIV transmission, the I will advise to wait till 12 weeks and repeat the 4th generation test and rule out both HIV 1 and 2.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Symptoms of asymptomatic hiv infection
- What are the symptoms of hiv infection
- Symptoms of hiv infection
- Symptoms of acute hiv infection
- Symptoms of ways hiv infection
- Symptoms of early hiv infection
- Initial symptoms of hiv infection
- Immediate symptoms of hiv infection
- Symptoms of aids hiv infection
- What are the symptoms of acute hiv infection
- Itching on penis and sides of it. What medication is recommended?
- Red rashes appeared on penis head. Tested negative for STD. On...
- Red burning scrotum. Taking Gabapin with no relief. Need immediate cure
- Hair fall, burning, hurting, itchy scalp with intermittent occurrence of...
- Itching sensation around vaginal area, used wipes. Butt is itching,...
- Dark spot on organ, rashes, itchy at night, may be syphilis
- Stomach rash, itchy, not taking medication, no change in diet. Any...
- Small rounds in skin below neck, sometimes itchy. What medication should...
- Diagnosed with molluscum contagiosum in pubic region, cryotherapy done....
- How soon am I contagious after having contact with herpes? How long...