What are the side effects of Valsartan, Chlorthalidone, Carvedilol, Hydralazine, Lasix and Amlodipine?
I would explain as follows:
Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!
Regarding your concern, I would explain that there are several adverse effects related to these drugs.
Let's examine all of them:
1- Valsartan is an ARB drug. It can cause several adverse effects like low blood pressure, high potassium levels, kidney dysfunction, dizziness, low white blood count, headache and gastro-intestinal problems (nausea, abdominal pain).
2- Chlorthalidone can also cause adverse effects like low blood pressure, high potassium levels, high uric acid levels, constipation or diarrhea, loss of apetite, nausea, photo-sensitivity to sunlight, restlessness, fatigue and impotence.
3- Carvedilol is a beta-blocker and it can lower your heart rate and blood pressure, cause chronic fatigue and other adverse effects like atrio-ventricular block, weight gain, nausea, cough, headache and asthma exacerbation.
4- Hydralasine can cause adverse effects like low blood pressure, edema, low blood cell count, palpitations, leg swelling, loss of apetite, etc..
5- Lasix is a diuretic. It is used to treat fluid retention and help reduce leg swelling. It can cause adverse effects like low potassium levels, low blood pressure, headache, glucose intolerance, diarrhea and dizziness, etc..
6- Amlodipine is a calcium channel blocker used to treat high blood pressure. It can cause several adverse effects like low blood pressure, headache, leg swelling, pulmonary edema, dizziness, somnolence, and impotence, etc..
There are many complex interactions, between these drugs. Many of them have opposite adverse effects, and can be combined with each other. But the main possible adverse effect related to them all is low blood pressure (hypotension).
If you are experiencing low blood pressure, I would recommend discussing with your doctor on the possibility of reducing the doses of some of these drugs.
Hope to have been helpful!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the side effects of valsartan?
- What are the side effects of hydrochlorothiazide and valsartan?
- What are the side effects of chlorthalidone?
- Amlodipine and valsartan side effects
- What are the side effects of hydralazine tablets?
- Is sore throat a side effect of amlodipine/valsartan?
- What are the side effects of atenolol and chlorthalidone?
- What are the side effects of amlodipine, hydrochlorothiazide, and valsartan?
- Is ear congestion a side effect of amlodipine/valsartan?
- Is trouble with swallowing a side effect of amlodipine/valsartan?