What are the reasons for pain in arm, shoulder, back and jaw?

Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari

Spine Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 2 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have pain on my left side lower back that is radiating into my left arm, shoulder and jaw, the worst is on the left back though.
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 31 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Most common reason for back pain is back muscle sprain. Back pain radiating to arm or
jaw is unlikely to be due to any nerve pinching. DO you get any leg pain? any tingling or numbness in legs or arms? since how long you have this problem? Any significant medical problems such as diabetes or hypertension? Taking any medicines?
Initially I would suggest to try anti-inflammatory with local gel application. If symptoms persist then I would suggest to consult a physician. Thanks.