What are the preoperative protocols recommended while having hardware implants in the knee?

Posted on Thu, 16 Feb 2017 in Arthritis
Question: Pre-Surgery Protocols for people with hardware in place such as medal plate/ knee replace
Answered by Dr. Ahmed Aly Hassan 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
full lab investigations ( blood sampling , CBC , INR , PT , PTT , RBS ) after taking full history and physical evaluation .

Detailed Answer:
Hi i am Dr Ahmed Aly
thanks for using healthcaremagic site ,
I had gone through your question and understand your concerns ..

For my patients i would ask my patient for :
(A) physical evaluation and full history of any underlying diseases and prescribe medical treatment and instructions needed .
(B) Followed by full lab investigations , X rays , MRI and CT for proper evaluation .
(C) send them to the anesthesiology specialist for exact management needed preoperative and dating of fasting of food and drink
(D) discuss it with my patient before it .

Please click THANK YOU and consider a 5 star rating with some positive feedback if the information was helpful. Hope the above information helps you,
Any further clarifications feel free to ask.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. Ahmed Aly Hassan

Orthopaedic Surgeon