What are the long term side effects of Ibuprofen?
This is too much
you shouldn't have taken so much ibuprofen because when exceeding the daily dose you get more side-effects but no added efficiency. I can't say if you've hurt yourself or not. If you don't have any symptoms (particularly related to your stomach, like burning, black stool - bleeding etc) then you've got to do some biochemical tests to make sure that your liver and kidneys are intact.
The very basic tests include:
- sgot (ast)
- sgpt (alt)
If any of the above is increased then other tests might be needed as well.
Regarding your pain you can add paracetamol (acetaminophen) to the regimen to potentiate the analgesic effect. Ibuprofen dosage has to be decreased. 400mg every 4-6 hours is a high enough dosage. You have to take less than 3000mg per day and preferably less than 1200mg.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Ibuprofen safe side effects long-term
- What are the side effects of taking ibuprofen and oxyelite pro
- What are the side effects of long term acelofenac intake
- What is long term side effects using ciplactin
- Ibuprofen side effects long-term
- What are the the long term side effects of forteo
- What are the side effects of diphenhydramine and ibuprofen?
- What are the long term side effects of siphene
- What is the long term side effects of petogen
- What are the side effects of children's ibuprofen cold relief?