What are the implications of shadows in the uterus?
Thanks for the query.
Shadows in the uterus in the ultrasound can be noted in conditions like:
-Uterine leiomyomas or fibroids
-Endometrial lesions like polyps, thickened endometrium, growth etc
-In case of anomalies like septate uterus etc.
If the ultrasound findings are correlated with clinical features we can come to probable diagnosis.
If the question is about you, as you are menopausal the shadow could be because of endometrial abnormality which requires biopsy to find out the actual cause.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Shadow on the uterus
- What are the implications of shadows in the uterus
- What causes uterus twitches
- Dark shadow in uterus on scan
- What is a probable polyp uterus
- Found shadows in the uterus what does that mean
- Shadow on ultrasound of uterus
- What causes shadows in the uterus on a ct scan
- What are these fibers in my uterus
- Tilted uterus and endometrial shadow