Suggest treatment for side effects of Femara
Needs bone scan to rule out bone mets
Hi! Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all, it is sad to know what you had gone through.
Based on the history you have shared, it is not advisable to lower down the dose at such verge though it may be hard to tolerate or is associated with certain side effects but the bone pains and joint aches and related symptoms can be due to femara related bone issues like osteoporosis and should ne worked up with calcium, phosphate and PTH levels alongwith taking the supplements for these but meanwhile should also be worked up for bone mets with basic blood tests like alkaline phosphatase, LDH and skeletal survey or bone scan as it needs to be ruled out with such symptoms.
So lowering the dose without significant control of the primary tumor can lead to recurrence or inadequate control of the tumor and may lead to aggressive spread. Meanwhile analgesics like acetaminophen or ibuprofen or more potent ones if these fail, like tramadol etc can be used.
Get a close liason with your primary physician and dicuss all the relevant labs in chronological order to determine whether disease is well under control so that a possibility of decreasing the dose can be considered.
Wishing you a speedy recovery. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Melacare side effect treatment suggested by doctor
- Is fainting a side effect of femara?
- Suggest treatment for lisinipril withdrawl side effects
- Is cough a side effect of femara?
- Side effect of femara
- Suggest treatment for side effects caused by overdose of parecetamol
- Femara letrozole side effects
- Suggest treatment for nicotine withdrawal side effects
- Suggest treatment to treat propofol side effects
- Side effects of melanocyl treatment
- Suggest treatment for UTI post urinary catheterization?
- Suggest treatment for cough during consumption while treating bulbar palsy
- What causes burning feeling in underarm with painful tiny bumps?
- Suggest treatment for pain in shoulders, upper arm and back
- What causes irregular heart beat on exertion in a person post cardiac...
- Suggest treatment for bleeding from gums
- Suggest treatment for the pain associated with post-herpetic neuralgia
- What does persistent nasal bleeding indicate?
- What causes Raynaud's phenomenon?
- What causes chronic heaviness under left rib cage and shortness of breath?