What are the chances of pregnancy after unprotected intercourse?
ipill is effective
Hello dear,welcome to healthcare magic.I understand your concern.
In my opinion as yours are regular cycles march 22 is the expected period date.So fertile period or unsafe period can be calculated by doing 14 days minus from expected period date.ie.,22 - 14 = 8th(the probable ovulation day).
And 3 days on either side of 8 th ie.,5,6,7 and 9,10,11.So the fertile period is between 5 th to 11th or 6th to 10th(if 2 days are taken on either side of 8 th).
So 5,6 and 7 come under unsafe period.But as you have taken the ipill within time ie.,72 hours it is 95% effective.So chance of pregnancy is less.Dont worry.
20,21 and 22 come under safe period as it is the expected period time.
Though pregnancy chances are less, we can only confirm by doing a urine pregnancy test. The test gives accurate results if it is done a week after missed period.
Ipill sometimes might affect the timing and bleeding of period making it come early or late and bleeding might be lighter or heavy. So ipill also might be the cause for delayed period.
I suggest you to repeat the urine pregnancy test after 10 days with first morning urine sample.
If negative wait for spontaneous onset of period for another 10 days. The period might
come by that time. If no periods even then and pregnancy test is negative consult gynaecologist for medicines for withdrawal bleeding.
So relax and check for the period. Stress regarding the thought of pregnancy also delays period.So dont get tensed. Ipill is effective there are less chances of pregnancy.
Hope this satisfies your query.
Feel free to discuss furthur.
Best regards...Dr srilatha
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Abnormal periods unprotected intercourse pregnancy chances
- Pervent pregnancy after unprotected intercourse
- Semen leakage after unprotected intercourse chances of pregnancy
- Had unprotected intercourse breast hurting chances for pregnancy
- Took ampiclox and postinor after unprotected intercourse chances of pregnancy
- Unprotected intercourse chances for pregnancy
- No pregnancy after unprotected intercourse reason
- Had unprotected intercourse missing periods chances of pregnancy
- Took microgynon after unprotected intercourse chances of pregnancy
- Brownish spotting after unprotected intercourse pregnancy chance