What are the chances of pregnancy after non penetrative sex?
I had sex with my girlfriend with clothes on and both used the bath towel to cover our body. we both have ejaculated the sperm but in nude I have not touched her vagina with my penis. There was not act of penetration. Apart from this under the shower with cold water pouring down I have touched her vagina with my fingers. I think the sperm might have gone through the clothes.
The matter to bother here is she is having a missed period. Her period date is 15th of every month and I had sex with her on 1st of April this month. I think it was her ovulation time. Now even though it's 23rd she is not having periods. We both are worried.
After having sex on 1st of April she had to travel to a new place with a journey of 12 hours and it was new food and she was also suffering from cold as she used to stay in the AC. Even her food routine changed and also the atmosphere. she was back to her normal routine from 17th of this month. Even though being to the normal routine for 7 days ( including 17th and 23rd) she is not yet having periods.
Please let us know how we need to proceed further, your valuable answer is highly appreciated.
Simply get tested.
Welcome to Healthcaremagic.
Hi, I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern.
The chances of getting pregnant by the play you have mentioned are very remote. However, since she missed her periods, so we need to evaluate her for this remote chance also.
You are right, that changes in atmosphere and routine or intake of any drugs can also affect the periods.
So, the best way out in such situation is to get her tested. Get her a urine pregnancy test kit. The test she can her self perform with the first morning sample after 10 days of missing the periods. If the test is negative, she is not pregnant, and she would need evaluation for other causes of delay in her periods like Thyroid disorders, Polycystic Ovarian Disease.
So, today is the 8th day of her missed periods. You should wait for 2 more days and if she doesn't get her periods, get tested on the 10th day to be sure.
This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any other query, you may please ask me.
Dr Anshul Varshney , MD
First i thank you for your valuable inputs and immediate rely.
1. there was no penetration act involved. still what chances of getting pregnant ??
2. If she goes pregnant and since its the first month, are there any tablets to stop the pregnancy ????
3. If the periods are delayed due to change in routine, for how many maximum days it will delayed ? because in this cause today is the the 10th day ( because her regular period date is 15th )
4. will contact of sperm outside the vagina lead to pregnancy ???
Please answer me on the above doctor and i thank you in advance for the same.
Unlikely to be pregnancy.
Following are your answers:
1. Chances are almost nil practically. Theoretically, chances are there if sperm manages through fingers to reach the ovum during vaginal contact with fingers.
2. Pregnancy can be aborted with the medicines at this stage. Your doctor will guide you for that, in case she is found to be pregnant.
3. No definitive time. Varies from person to person.
4. No, pregnancy can't be caused by this way.
If you have any further query, please ask me.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is pregnancy possible with non-penetrative sex
- Had non-penetrative sex and got periods any chances for pregnancy
- Can pregnancy be expected with non penetrative sex
- What are chances of pregnancy despite negative pregnancy results
- What is the chances of pregnancy after 3 miscarriage
- Can non penetrative sex cause pregnancy
- What are the chances of pregnancy after spotting
- What are the chances of pregnancy with negative pregnancy tests
- Is pregnancy possible after non-penetrative sex
- Non penetrative sex in pregnancy