What are the chances of HIV through used razors?
1. with a non bleeding cut in a salon with a used razor which was used earlier not sure on some one but on my face the cut was like a scratch which was non bleeding.
2. once i had a blood test for hiv 1 & 2 and blood rh factor in a patholab, i doubt weather the pathologist might have used the same needle which was used earlier on any other person for taking sample of blood
plz clarify me is hiv transmission possible in the above cases i am having a phobia to this
Yes, transmission is possible in both cases.
Yes, transmission is possible in both cases.However rate of transmission is very low.Also if blade surface and blood in needle was completely dried then again chance of transmission reduce significantly as HIV cannot survive after they come in contact with air.
A blood test can help relieve your fears.Regards.
what is the window period for hiv 1 & 2 antibodies test
chances seems to be rare in the above cases as it was a non bleeding cut as it has not touched the bloodstream of mine and while taking blood sample the needle if it might be not give a perfect blood result
1.yes.2.No 3.upto six months.
1.yes. Even non bleeding cut can transmit HIV , but rate would be lesser than bleeding cuts.
2.No.pathologist dont use used needles.
3.upto six months.
It may take up to six months after exposure to the HIV virus before you will test positive on an HIV antibody test.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the chances of a circumcised man getting hiv infected
- What are my chances of contracting hiv
- What is dna pcr useful for hiv
- Doctor say no chance with razor hiv
- Chances of getting hiv by using used toilet paper
- Used common toilet chances of getting hiv infection
- Poked with used electrolysis needle chances of hiv or hcv
- Bleeding from a razor cut hiv infection chances
- Are there chances of contracting hiv after using condoms
- What is hiv