What are the chances of HIV through protected sex?

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

Dermatologist

Posted on Wed, 27 Aug 2014 in HIV and AIDS
Question: Hello Dr,
This past weekend, after a long period of celibacy, i decided to hire a call girl. I had unprotected oral sex with her (albeit for a very short period of time) and than i had protected vaginal sex with her, but as she was putting the condom on, a small part of my penal frenulum tore, and bled a little bit, but completely inside the condom not inside her. I still fear from not putting a condom on for the fellatio and the small tear i received, could her saliva have penetrated the wound after the fellatio had already been completed? Am I at high risk for HIV or hepatitis? She assured me she was regularly tested, but i can only take that on so much faith.

I'm wracked with worry about this, i do not want to die or become seriously ill over one lapse in judgment, though i should be content with the consequences of my actions.

Thank you in advance.
Answered by Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Unlikely.Can get tests done.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thank you for query.I am Dr Bharatesh D Basti answering your query.
Firstly I would like to tell you that you have become more anxious about HIV/Hepatitis which is quite common.
The modes of transmission you mentioned is one of the least possible modes of transmission of HIV but as you had ulcers/cuts in the concerned genital area there is remote possibility of acquiring HIV as usually saliva do not transmit much.
More so she is tested negative.
So you can allay the fears.
If at all you still have fear or remove the fear you can test with PCR and P24 antigen tests, Hepatitis B after 3 weeks from exposure risk which can totally remove your fear.
You can even get her tested for HIV if possible or see her reports at least.
You can allay all fears of HIV.
you can get back to me for any clarifications
Thank you
Dr Bharatesh

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju
Follow up: Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti 23 minutes later
Thank you so much for the quick reply, I feel much calmer now and appreciate the answer, she said she tested negative, but i have no proof, and it's not something you can really ask of in her field unfortunately. Still thank you for the reply and advice.
Answered by Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Welcome.Relax.Get tested for HIV 3 weeks later.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thank you for follow up query.
If it is sure of negativity you can also be totally relaxed and be free of fear.
You can allay fears for now.
But get yourself tested for HIV (PCR, P24 antigen) 3 weeks later to completely allay your fears.
You can share the results if you desire.
You can get back to me for any clarifications else please close the discussion and rate.
wish you good health
Thank you     
Dr Bharatesh