What are my chances of getting HIV through the contact of fingers with vaginal fluid?

Dr. S. Murugan

HIV AIDS Specialist

Posted on Fri, 15 Nov 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: Hi Doc, i had sexual encounter with a girl. I rubbed her vagina, outside mainly, i felt some vagina fluid on my fingers. After that, i have touched her breast, neck, face, mounth and She recently stared licking my fingers after She kissed me. Can I get hiv thru kissing after She licked my fingers with vagina fluid on it
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Negligible risk for HIV. Nothing to worry.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to XXXXXXX

First of all, that girl is not necessarily a HIV positive girl.
Even if we assume that she could be a positive woman,HIV risk through the contact of fingers with vaginal fluid is negligible. That too licking your fingers, contaminated with vaginal fluid, then kissing, carries no chance to transmit HIV.
As per CDC,Atlanta, Anal recipient sex, vaginal recipient sex, anal penetrative sex and vaginal penetrative sex were having risk in this order only. (vaginal penetrative sex risk itself is around 5 per 0000 exposures). Oral sex carries a very low risk and all other types of sexual activity carries only a negligible risk for HIV.
Your risk is not through the kissing you had with that girl, but if you have some obvious abrasion in your contaminated fingers then you may likely to have a low risk for HIV.
So there is nothing much to be worried in your case,
Testing for HIV will relieve unnecessary tension after seeing the negative result for HIV.
Dr S.Murugan