What Causes painful sex?

Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin

Posted on Tue, 12 Jun 2018 in Sexual Health
Question: Hi I'm a 64 y/o/f that is having problem with pleasure in making love.
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
You can use change in methodology and lubricants

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to HealthcareMagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what you had been going through lately.

Based on the history you have shared if it's because of pain or discomfort during lovemaking you can use KY gel or other lubricants but if it's because of low libido using hormonal analogs after discussing with your primary care physician or gynecologist may help.

Sessions with counselors which help with sexual problems can be of help too. Trying innovation and changing the atmosphere and adding ambiance may help to drive motivation. Adding romance and discussing with your partner will also help.

Hope this has answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee