Uterus anteverted and bulky, endometrial cavity filled with hyperechoeic small cystic lucencies. What does this mean?

Dr. Rhea Chanda

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 11 Jul 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Question: May I know what does it mean if the sonography report says "Uterus is antevertal & bulky. Endometrial cavity is filled with hyperechoeic trophoblastic type tissue with multiple small cystic lucencies within. It measures 9.8x7.9x5.4 cms

What is the seriousness of the issue and can this be treated with medicines. Please explain me the cause of it.
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later
The uterus is larger in size than normal.It contains trophoblastic tissue that is usually seen to originate from placenta.Please do a pregnancy test if not done.If your test is done and its positive then you may be having gestational trophoblastic disease.It needs to be addressed immediately.You need urgent admission and curettage. It cannot be treated with medicines.There are several types of the disease and also has a metastatic/cancerous type. You need to undergo a D/C as soon as possible.

Follow up: Dr. Rhea Chanda 8 hours later
Any good doctors in Pune you would suggest to have this done. Is this a one day treatment or does the patient need to be admitted in the hospital for a longer treatment.
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 11 hours later
The procedure doesn take more than a day but the recovery period may be slightly longer.You can try XXXXXXX or XXXXXXX Hospital.There are good consultants in both places.