Typical dose of Benadryl for adults to counteract itching?
Thank you for your question.
The usual dosage of Benadryl for adults is 50mg 4 to 6 hourly. The maximum allowable dose in 24 hours is 300mg. One of the side effects is drowsiness therefore, you need to be careful regarding driving. This assumes an average body weigh.
I hope this information has helped. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me.
Dr K A Pottinger
Chorpheniramine (chlorphenamine) is an over the counter drug which has less sedative effects than other anti-itch medicines.
Adult dose is 4mg 4-6hourly or slow-release 8-16mg 8-12 hourly; maximum dose in 24 hours is 32mg. However, you should read the instructions with the tablets before taking them.
Dr K A Pottinger
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Pediatric dose of benadryl
- Benadryl dose for bee stings
- Benadryl pediatric dosing by weight
- Typical dose of benadryl for adults to counteract itching
- Maximum benadryl dosage for adults
- Lethal dose of benadryl
- Benadryl dose for sleep
- Will vyvanse counteract benadryl
- Fatal dose of benadryl
- Benadryl adult dosage
- Prescribed morphgesic tablets. Taking laxative laxido for constipation....
- Piece of wisdom tooth broke exposing tender area. Can I wait? Concerned?
- Feeling something under tongue, gross taste and taste of blood....
- Taking nitrofurantoin for a urinary infection. Suffer from RA, having...
- Feel pulsating, throbbing sensation when running and climbing. Had ...
- Having soreness in arm, metallic taste in mouth and chest tightness....
- Having bartholin cyst o labia. Having vaginal discharge, with foul smell...
- Throat burning and having taste of bleach when using clorox with bleach...
- Had accidentally tasted clorox with bleach, throat hurts a bit. Anything...
- Experiencing episodes of heartbeat while laying down. Cause? Should I be...