Took 1 tab mifegest 200mcg, 2 tab cytolog 200mcg and started bleeding. Is this enough to abort?

Dr. Minoo Bhagia

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 8 Jan 2013 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Question: Hello, My wife has taken Mifegest 200MCG 1 tablet and after 48 hrs 2 Cytolog 200 MCG each as single dosage and bleeding has started. She is 40 days from her LMP. Will this be enough to abort or 2 more Ctytolog tablets 2ith 200MCG each needs to be taken ? How many days the bleeding will continue ?
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 32 minutes later
Hello

Welcome and thanks for writing to us
Usually 4 tablets of cytolog or misoprostol are required for the complete process.The duration of bleeding varies from patient to patient , it can last for one week to 10 days.In some cases there are retained products of conception inside so it can last for a longer duration with heavy bleeding and passage of clots.Give her iron supplements.

Best wishes
Any further query is most welcome

Follow up: Dr. Minoo Bhagia 10 minutes later
Thank you doctor for your quick response. Can i give her two more Cytolog tablets of 200 MCG each after 24 hrs of 1st dosage? ...am worried if intensity of bleeding increases . Also can you suggest any common iron supplements please

Best regards
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 39 hours later
Welcome once again and sorry for the late reply as there were some emergencies to attend.

If she is having bleeding then please do not give two more tablets as they may cause excessive bleeding.Wait and watch and repeat the urine pregnancy test after a week.
Regarding iron supplements , you can give her ferrous sulphate along with XXXXXXX leafy vegetables and fruits.

Best wishes