Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Tight foreskin

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 577 Questions
Hi.... i have a tight foreskin...when erect the head of the penis is not exposed by itself and i have to pull to pull the skin back to expose the head... Just wondering whether having tight skin will create some problems in my sex life???
Mon, 21 May 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 1 hour later

Thanks for your query.

You seem to be having either tight foreskin or tight freulum.
In either of the cases, you may need to get operated for the same.
However, you can try local application of flucort ointment for 2 weeks and let me know of the effects.

Pull the skin back and apply the flucort ointment, then take the skin back to its normal position.
Do this twice a day for two weeks and let me know how the things are.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Tight foreskin 5 hours later

Thanks for the prompt response. Few followup queries more:

- The idea of getting it operated kind of scares me. Just wanted to know if this is a rare/serious problem or it is common problem.
- In the current situation will i have any issues after marriage?

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 11 hours later

It is a pretty common problem. On an average I see 20-25 such patients
in a month and only 1-2 people need to undergo surgery.
Rest all see marked improvement with medications I have suggested.

I do not see this to be hindering your married life. With correct treatment everything is expected to be normal.

However, if you don't improve you should undergo surgery rather than have any mishaps
at later date.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor