Tight foreskin

Dr. Rajiv goel

Urologist

Posted on Mon, 21 May 2012 in Men's Health
Question: Hi.... i have a tight foreskin...when erect the head of the penis is not exposed by itself and i have to pull to pull the skin back to expose the head... Just wondering whether having tight skin will create some problems in my sex life???
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 1 hour later
Dear XXXXXXX

You seem to be having either tight foreskin or tight freulum.
In either of the cases, you may need to get operated for the same.
However, you can try local application of flucort ointment for 2 weeks and let me know of the effects.

Pull the skin back and apply the flucort ointment, then take the skin back to its normal position.
Do this twice a day for two weeks and let me know how the things are.

Sincerely
Follow up: Dr. Rajiv goel 5 hours later
Doctor..

Thanks for the prompt response. Few followup queries more:

- The idea of getting it operated kind of scares me. Just wanted to know if this is a rare/serious problem or it is common problem.
- In the current situation will i have any issues after marriage?

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 11 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

It is a pretty common problem. On an average I see 20-25 such patients
in a month and only 1-2 people need to undergo surgery.
Rest all see marked improvement with medications I have suggested.

I do not see this to be hindering your married life. With correct treatment everything is expected to be normal.

However, if you don't improve you should undergo surgery rather than have any mishaps
at later date.