The white portion of eye turned in red. Taking atenolo, fluoxetine. Is the treatment correct?

Dr. Ram Choudhary

Posted on Sat, 19 Jan 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: I noticed the white of my my right eye turned red last night - like I broke a blood vessel. There is no pain - it just looks awful. Should I worry? I have had this happen a few times before in the distant past w/o consulting anyone at the time.
Meds List:Atenolol 100 mg
Losartan Potassium-HCTZ 100-25
Fluoxetine XXXXXXX 20 mg
Atorvastatin Calcium 10 mg
Aspirin 81 mg
Muliti-vit
Sometimes take fish oil capsule 1/day

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 2 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Welcome to healthcare magic!
The red eye without pain is mostly due to localized cause in the conjuctiva, the thin membrane cover of the eye.
It may be due to a fractured capillary, due to deficiency of platelets or disorder in their function.
Please get a Complete blood count and Peripheral Blood Smear detailed study.
it would be worth while to get examined by a physician particularly because the problem has been recurrent.
I hope you would get benefited with my advise.
Wish you a good health.