Thanks for asking. You previously answered my question about my
Hello and Welcome to 'Ask A Doctor' service.
I have reviewed your query my previous thread and here is my advice.
The symptom you are telling is tell tale sign of peptic ulcers. Peptic ulcers means that there is some breach in the soft layer of mucosal cell which lines the stomach and intestine.
As a person takes food large amount of acid is secreted in stomach.So if the site of ulcer is stomach then a patient has severe pain on eating.However the bolus of food in stomach reaches duodenum in two to three hours.So if site of ulcer is duodenum then pain starts two to three hour after meals.This is a tell tale sign of duodenal ulcer.
I would recommend her to go for endoscopy.A machine with camera on it would be inserted into her stomach and duodenum and photos and videos of that area would be seen.
To heal ulcers sucralfate would be started in doses of 1gram four times a day with strong antacids like Esomeprazole 80 mg twice daily.
Some times a bacteria named H.pylori is also associated with ulcers.If endoscopy shows it's presence H pylori kit would be given.
She should go for endoscopy now.
Follow up with reports,
God bless her and good luck.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for chronic pancreatitis and recurring ribs pain
- What causes an itchy red rash around the anus?
- Suggest treatment for chronic vomiting when diagnosed with gastroenteritis
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in the ribs
- Is Rabeprazole an effective medication for reflux esophagitis?
- What causes excessive burping and abdominal pain?
- Suggest treatment for severe back pain
- Suggest natural treatment for severe acid reflux
- What causes black stool?
- What causes intermittent pain after anal fistulotomy?