Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Termination of pregnancy at home. Suggestions?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 126 Questions
hi i want to know how to get rid of my pregnancy without going to the hospital
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Tulasi Raman.P 17 minutes later

Thanks for your query.

This depends on the duration of the pregnancy. The most simplest method is the use of emergency contraceptives. This are available in most of the pharmacy stores as this is one of the birth control measures. But this works only if taken within 72 hours of unprotected sexual intercourse.

Beyond this period, termination of pregnancy can be legally done only by a Registered / Board Certified doctor.Illegal abortion have been associated with multiple and serious complications in the past.

I hope my answer has been adequate and informative. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Termination of pregnancy at home. Suggestions? 2 hours later
so i guess i should go to the hospital for it.well thanks soo much
which drug is used for the termination please?
Answered by Dr. Tulasi Raman.P 5 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

oral or vaginal medications if the pregnancy has not crossed 7 weeks.

There are various regimens used in MTP. This will be suggested to you by the Gynecologist after thorough gynecological examination. The drugs used in this regimen are :
1. Mifepristone : Anti-progesterone
2. Misoprostol : Prostaglandin
3. Methhotrexate : Anti-metabolite

Beyond this period, MTP can be done safely by induction of delivery using drugs like Oxytocin.

All these procedures has to be carried out by a registered doctor only.

I hope my answer has been adequate and informative.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor