Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online
Ask a Dentist   »  

Teeth are getting sensitive. How to reduce sensitivity of teeth and selection of toothpaste

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 700 Questions
Hello sir,
This is XXXXXXX XXXXXXX and my teeth are getting guide me how to reduce my sensitivity of teeth.
And also please let me know the selection of tooth brush and tooth paste available in market.
Posted Thu, 11 Jul 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Neha Sumra 26 hours later

Thanks for writing in.

I would like to ask you whether you have sensitivity in a single tooth or all teeth?
If its localized to 1 or 2 teeth then it might be a case of irreversible pulpitis that means tooth decay has progressed till pulp & it requires root canal treatment.

In case if it is generalized & you experience sensitivity in all teeth then I would suggest that you use Sensodent-KF toothpaste twice a day & leave it on teeth for 5 minutes before rinsing with water.You can go for any toothbrush with soft bristles because hard bristles damage tooth structure.

If problem still persists then you may go for capping or veneering of teeth.

For getting proper treatment plan you need to go for complete dental check-up by your dentist.

Hope I answered your query.

Wishing you good health,

Take Care
Dr.Neha Sumra
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Teeth are getting sensitive. How to reduce sensitivity of teeth and selection of toothpaste 45 hours later
I have sensitivity for only 2 teeth.When i drink cool drinks or when i take ice cream or when i drink hot coffee i feel sensitive of my teeth.In a long run sensitive of teeth can be reduced with proper treatment .or in between it continues.
Answered by Dr. Neha Sumra 49 minutes later

You need to go for diagnosis of those teeth. Its better to get x-ray done of those teeth because they may be carious or there may be receding gums that might have lead to exposure of nerves.
In such cases you require Root Canal Treatment & they will run for long time.
Consult your dentist for further treatment plan.

Dr.Neha Sumra
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dentist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor