Swelling and tightness in feet after tick bite. What to do?

Dr. Saurabh Gupta

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement

Posted on Wed, 16 Jan 2013 in Infections
Question: I got bitten by a tick day before yesterday and my feet feel very tight and look a bit swollen.
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 59 minutes later

Most tick bites are probably harmless and may cause no problems.

Swelling and tightness seems to be inflammatory in nature most likely caused by a tick bite.

Refrain from scratching because this may cause the skin to break down and an infection to form.

You might consult a doctor or visit the nearest ER for an examination and appropriate treatment.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Wishing you good health...
Regards.
Dr Saurabh Gupta.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Follow up: Dr. Saurabh Gupta 2 hours later
I was bitten on the stomach and my feet are swollen, is this normal.
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 6 hours later
Thanks for writing back.

It can occur as a part of anaphylactic reaction.

I hope this answers your query. I will be available for further guidance if you needed.

Wishing you good health...

Regards.
Dr Saurabh Gupta.