Suggestt reatment for incisional hernia

Posted on Mon, 21 Jul 2014 in Lump
Question: 6 months ago I had abdominal surgery to remove a liver lobe that had a cancer spot. Two weeks later I herniated and had surgury to repair. I now have a hernia at the same incision point. I see a bulge, about 3/4" on each side of the original 6" incision. Would it be best to repair or wear some sort of external bandage? I am 66 yrs. old, 230 lbs. and in good physical condition.
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Incisional hernia has to be repaired surgically.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thank you for posting in health care magic.
There is no role of any medicines or external bandage in Incisional hernia.
I regularly do Hernioplasty repair with non absorbable PROLENE MESH to my patients with similar complaints. Chances of recurrence are rare with this procedure.
Please consult your doctor and get hernia repaired with mesh.

Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Hari Charan Perigela

General Surgeon