Suggest treatment to wean off Spasmoproxyvon

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi

Psychiatrist

Posted on Mon, 19 Sep 2016 in Mental Health
Question: Is there any alternate medicine to quit spasmo proxyvon and nitrosun 10?
My brother he is only 22 years old and he is very addicted with this pills so please do help me
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Dose reduction should be done gradually

Detailed Answer:
Hello thanks for asking from HCM

Spasmoproxyvon is an opioid drug while Nitrosun is a benzodiazepine drug. Both drugs have high abuse potential and regular use results in dependence. Spasmoproxyvon consists of weak opioid and to reduce its use proper and gradually tapering is advised. To reduce craving of the drug other partial agonist drugs like Buprenorphine or Methadone can be used. Under proper supervision he will be shifted from Spasmoproxyvon to Buprenorphine in equivalent doses. Once he becomes stabilised gradual dose reduction should be done. Once he becomes opioid free then doses of Nitrosun should be reduced. Please consult a psychiatrist for proper treatment.

So don't be depressed, with proper medicines he will be alright.

Thanks, hope this helps you please don't hesitate to ask again for more information.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng