Suggest treatment to remove a wad of cotton stuck in ear

Posted on Fri, 12 Jun 2015 in General Health
Question: I have the cotton part of a a tip stuck in my ear drum. What should I do?
Answered by Dr. Heera Lal Poonia 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
visit ENT clinic

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX, welcome to HCM and thanks for choosing us.

I share your concerns about your ear. You need to get it removed, as it may lead to infection in ear. You need to visit an ENT clinic for this. It is a very short procedure to remove it.

Till the time you visit ENT clinic, please take care of your ear. Don't let water enter your ear canal. Don't try anything at home, you may damage it more. You may even push it further. Use ear blocks while taking bath.

I hope my reply will help you. Please contact us for more information and follow up queries. I wish you good health. Take care in future. Kindly rate this reply. Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Dr. Heera Lal Poonia