Suggest treatment to relieve severe cramps in the calves of the legs, and hands
I take Potassium each morning, 595mg, and drink orange juice .
What else do you suggest?
I have read your query and fully understand your problem but one thing is not clear that why are you taking potassium supplement .
Because potassium supplements are to be taken with some diuretics or persons with clinically and lab test proven low potassium. Even in such patients fruit juices as orange are enough .
Because excess of potassium is culprit of many things incluiding muscle abnormal sensations and cramps .
Second sodium and potassium are reversely linked so disturbance of one disturb others .
So my advise is that if no doctor suggested you to take potassium supplement after diagnosing low potassium level in lab then avoid potassium. If potassium is mildly low orange juice will be enough.
Also undergo lab test for serum level of Vit d , Vit B 12 , serum calcium , serum sodium and serum potassium ..
Also undergo lab test for Hb ..blood sugar ...urine test .
So my final comment is
1. stop potassium supplement .
2. if doctor advised first try fruit juices for Potassium .
3 take adequate diet .
4 take plenty of water .
5 if other lab test come annormal proper care for them .
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr varinder XXXXXXX
I will discontinue the Potassium and continue with orange juice.
I do take multiple 'B' Complex vitamins which include vitamin 'B12' and also vitamin 'D'.
Thank you for your advice.
I definitely will grade your response as a % star.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What cuses severe cramp at back of leg
- Severe cramping on outside of leg
- Severe cramp in calf with lump
- Experiencing severe cramping in the leg muscle and knees
- Treatment and cure for Severe cramp
- Severe cramps bright red blood clots during periods treatment options
- Suggest medication for severe cramps and abdominal pain
- Constipation stomach pain severe cramps treatment for symptoms
- Numbness in leg after severe cramp
- What is the treatment for the severe cramps during menstruation
- What causes pain and spasms in the rib cage?
- Is Benadryl useful in treating hives on the stomach as a result of an...
- Is short-term memory loss indicative of a transient ischemic?
- What causes a sharp pain in the lower body midway between shoulder and hip?
- Are bite marks on the body at night indicative of insect bites?
- Is Mahacef or Zenflox more effective at treating diarrhoea?
- What causes a watery and yellowish-brown color ejaculate, reduced libido...
- What causes headache along with the bursting of a blood vessel in the...
- Suggest antibiotics to treat acute bronchitis
- Is compounding sterile preparations of CoQ10, Shilajit and PQQ legitimate?