Suggest treatment to bring down the high fever with strep throat infection in a 6 year old
Thank you for any suggestions....
Wait for 24 hours
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I understand your concern. A fever of 104 is not unusual for a strep throat infection, however you need to continue giving your child Tylenol until the antibiotic starts being effective. In 24 hours you should notice the fever going down and you can start spacing the Tylenol doses.
If you do not see any improvement, you should contact the pediatrician for a review of the medication. Also hydration is very important.
I hope this helps. Wishing your child a fast recovery.
Dr. Ornela Ademovi
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Drugs/medication for strep throat infection?
- Diagnosis of strep throat infection?
- Treatment and cure for strep throat infection?
- Strep throat infection
- Strep throat infection? causes
- Multiple strep throat infections
- Strep throat infection with fever
- Beta strep throat infection
- Symptoms of strep throat infection?
- High fever and strep throat
- What causes weight gain while on Ontrintellix?
- Suggest treatment for loss of vision and vomiting
- Suggest treatment for metastatic melanoma
- What causes joint pain while on Requip?
- What causes redness and painful swelling in the eyes?
- What does my ultrasound scan report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for painful rash on the waist
- Does long term use of steroids affect a person's immune system?
- Suggest treatment for leg cramps and shortness of breath
- What do my creatine levels in blood indicate?