Suggest treatment regimen when diagnosed with low grade squamous intraepithelial lesions
You need to do an HPV test!
A low grade squamous intra-epithelial lesion (LGSIL) requires that a HPV test be done. If the HPV is positive, then you need a follow up evaluation in 12months. Given your age and the grade of this dysplasia, immediate treatment is not what is recommended. Follow up and retesting in 12months is recommended.
In your case, do an HPV test which would be followed by another colposcopy in 12months.
I wish you well. Keep me posted on this.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Low grade squamous intraepithelial lesion pregnancy
- Treatment and cure for squamous cell carcinoma
- Treatment and cure for squamous papilloma
- Squamous cell carcinoma bladder treatment
- Treatment and cure for dysplastic squamous papilloma
- Low grade squamous intraepithelial lesion from injury
- Low grade squamous intraepithelial lesion pcos
- Treatment and cure for squamous blepharitis
- Suggest treatment for low fever with productive cough treatment
- Squamous cell carcinoma throat treatment
- CT scan showed cancer tumor inside liver. Swollen abdomen, little...
- Shaved around private parts and around base of penis. Bumps are like...
- Having blood pressure. Taking Sandoz Fenofibrate. Should I go for higher...
- Severe anal itching and rashes on buttocks. Suggest medication
- Stomach upset, gas and bloating. What could this be?
- Can I contract HIV through blowjob?
- Having swollen testicles. Could this be a sign of cancer?
- Had rectal prolapse surgery. Should I be concerned of having irregular...
- What causes numbness in toe?
- Is Hydrazine sulfate effective for cancer patients suffering from cachexia?