question-icon

Suggest treatment regimen when diagnosed with low grade squamous intraepithelial lesions

Posted on Wed, 11 Jan 2017
Question: what happens during a colposcopy of you have lgsil? are you treated right then and there?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
You need to do an HPV test!

Detailed Answer:

A low grade squamous intra-epithelial lesion (LGSIL) requires that a HPV test be done. If the HPV is positive, then you need a follow up evaluation in 12months. Given your age and the grade of this dysplasia, immediate treatment is not what is recommended. Follow up and retesting in 12months is recommended.

In your case, do an HPV test which would be followed by another colposcopy in 12months.

I wish you well. Keep me posted on this.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. Chobufo Ditah