Suggest treatment for urinary tract infection

Posted on Wed, 7 May 2014 in General Health
Question: I have been identified with urine infection and they are doing urine culture test for further analysis. it will take 2days to get the report. mean while can I goto work now or is it better to wait some more time. is urine infection contingent?
Answered by Dr. Surendiran Gaj 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Follows, Detailed Answer: Hello there, Nice to meet you here, Yes, you can do on your regular day to day work until you get your culture report, and urinary tract infection are contingent when gastro intestinal bacteria accidentally enters the urinary tract. Visit your treating physician with your culture report, he will start on with appropriate antibiotics as per your culture sensitivity. Meanwhile try to drink plenty of water, and consume crane berry juice and fruits rich in vitamin C [like Amla], which naturally helps in reducing the infection. Personal hygiene is most important to prevent UTI. So, clean area around the penis [tip of the urethra] with soap and water which helps in preventing most of the infection . Hope helped you, Kindly rate the answer if you are satisfied. Feel free to contact me again anytime for any further clarification. Take care. dr.surendiran Gaj.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Surendiran Gaj

Geriatrics Specialist