Suggest treatment for tinea corporis in hip and groin area
Both topical and systemic anti fungals are needed in your case.
I understand your concern.
For Tinea Corporis,effective anti fungal therapy has to be instituted.
Clotrimazole is not effective.
I recommend both topical as well as systemic therapy in your case for rapid and effective control of your symptoms.
I advise you to take tab Fluconazole/Diflucan 200 mg PO on day 1 followed by 100 mg once a day for 2 weeks.
Simultaneously Lotrimin/Butenafine Cream: Apply to affected area once or twice a day for at least 1 week; not to exceed 4 weeks.
This regimen will offer the best results in 2 weeks.
Please note these drugs have to be taken only under strict medical supervision.
Post your further queries if any.
I didn't find the cream around my place can u suggest substitute cream.
moreover I am getting only 150gm fluconazole.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Permanent treatment of tinea corporis
- Tinea corporis gladiatorum
- Is oxistat used in the treatment of tinea corporis?
- Tinea corporis during pregnancy
- Tinea corporis manus pedis
- Tinea corporis hydrogen peroxide
- Treatment and cure for tinea corporis infection
- Tinea corporis diflucan
- Tinea corporis cdc precautions
- Treatment and cure for tinea corporis