Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Suggest treatment for tight foreskin?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2563 Questions
Iam 25 years old .I have been facing a problem with my foreskin on the penis.When it is erected am not able to pull it back completly only a bit i can pull and if try more i am getting afraid for the pain am now a days it is making me worry that if i get married and then if i have same problem during sex.m getting worried like if I am good for sex. is this a common problem am really getting tensed....
Posted Thu, 13 Feb 2014 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Prasad 9 hours later
Brief Answer: It is not that serious problem.... Detailed Answer: Hi, From your description you seem to suffer from tight foreskin, a condition also known as phimosis. It is not very uncommon problem. Further it is not a very serious one; it can be treated easily. Since you are not active sexually, at this instance I would only tell you not to be worried. With slow and gradual stretching, the tightness will resolve. If the problem doesn't resolve and you find difficulties during sexual intercourse you can try lubricants. If lubricants also fail to relieve symptoms, then you could opt for circumcision - a simple and easy procedure that can be done at your surgeons clinic. As you see, you can be able to solve this problem through more than one way. So do not panic. Hope this helps. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for tight foreskin? 8 minutes later
Thanks for your reply sir. This is third time I am getting a reply from you .whatever answers you provided previouslt made me comfortable and they were very helpful. So regarding this there is no need to worry right? and is this a common problem for men's? the thing is that i am not able to pull it back when it is erected but when it is nt erected am able to pull it back but there is some kind of diff feeling when i touch it afrer pulling back so am not touching it..
Answered by Dr. Prasad 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: It is one of the common symptoms reported to me... Detailed Answer: Hi, I wasn't sure I was talking to someone whom I already discussed earlier. I am glad to know my previous advices were helpful. Now regarding this problem, it is not very uncommon; it is one problem that is reported to me very often on this forum. As I described earlier, circumcision will take care of the problem if nothing helps. But before you opt for it, you should try gradual and slow stretching. If it hurts you a lot during this process, you can consult a doctor who may prescribe a mild steroid based ointment. Extra lubrication during intercourse can reduce the pain and discomfort even if the foreskin hasn't stretched enough. So do not be worried. We have a quick fix as well as gradual ones. Hope this helps. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for tight foreskin? 10 hours later
Sir, thanks for the useful information. Just to add that i kind of have starnge feeling that near my penis i am having some kind of pain...i cant say whether it is really pain or just am assuming it as a pain. but there is some kind of discomfort which makes me thinking of it. I dont have any problems while passing urine and as i told i can move back the foreskin freely when it is not erected , so i'm kind a not sure what exactly is happening with me :(
Answered by Dr. Prasad 56 minutes later
Brief Answer: Consult a doctor if it's hurting... Detailed Answer: In the absence of other symptoms I would not be able to point the cause of pain. If it's hurting, I suggest that you see a doctor locally. Fore skin is connected to the rest of points by a frenulum. This frenulum becomes tight during erection in some men. It would become problematic if it causes inconvenience while performing with a partner. The problem can be rectified be lubricant or through surgical procedures. So you need not be very concerned now. Try gradual stretching process with the help of local doctor and a steroid cream. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor