Suggest treatment for threadworms in a children

General Surgeon
Question
My two kids and I have threadworms and we took vermox two weeks ago and I still feel the movement, my daughter doesn't sleep very well wakes up crying in the middle of the night. I clean the toilet and the house every second for two weeks.Why is this happening?
Posted Sun, 3 Aug 2014 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Threadworms cause auto infection

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day
Dear Ms

The dosage of Wermox (Mebendazole) is 100 mg twice a day for 3 days irrespective of body weight.

Threadworms are known for auto infection. They elicit itching and scratching in perianal region. On scratching the worms infective state gets deposit under the nails. When children put it into the mouth it leads to autoinfection. This causes large worm load and to repeat Mebendezole after 2 weeks.

I would also advise the following
1. Clip the nails regularly
2. Thorough hand wash regularly

In case you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.

Best regards
Dr Deepak XXXXXXX
MBBS, MS, MCh