Suggest treatment for swelling in the feet and ankles

Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement

Posted on Fri, 26 Aug 2016 in Elderly Problems
Question: I have swelling of the feet and ankles. Also peeling skin around my feet and ankles. Can you tell me what may b e the cause?This is a one time transaction and hopefully the doctor has an answer to my question. I will not be asking this question again online.
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It can be due to high blood pressure

Detailed Answer:
Hello, I have studied your case and I think you are having high blood pressure leading to edema in feet. Before I advised you anything I would like to know little detail of the illness.
1.Do you have Diabetes or thyroid or smoking?
2.Do you have high blood pressure?
3.Do you have any itching in feet?
Please send me answers of these questions. I will try my best to help you. Thanks