Suggest treatment for submucosal fistula

Dr. Deepika Patil

General Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 13 Aug 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Question: Hi, What is the treatment for submucosal fistula in ano ? Please help me for further course. also suggest for tablets.
Answered by Dr. Deepika Patil 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
surgery is permanent solution

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HealthcareMagic .

I read your query and understand your concern. But sorry to say tablets are not permanent solution for fistula.

Surgical treatment gives permanent solution though recurrence are seen . You can go for fibrin glue application where in surgery is not done. The tract is abraded and fibrin glue is placed . This will lead to closure of fistula tract.

Tablets like antibiotic(amoxicillin) and aceclofenac reduce inflammation and control infection but tract won't close.

Hope I have answered your query. If any further queries are there I would love to help.

Dr.Deepika Patil
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari
Follow up: Dr. Deepika Patil 21 minutes later
I have TTK health Insurance. Will this surgery covers the claim?
For now doctor has advised to take the tables(dolo-650 and Cifran-500) for 3 days(2 per day)? can i continue? if not can you suggest tablet names?
Answered by Dr. Deepika Patil 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
TTK insurance covers this surgery

Detailed Answer:

Your life insurance will cover the surgery for fistula in ano . It will cover you pre and post hospital stay, medicines, surgeon and nurses charge and also operation theatre charges and some off your follow up check ups.

Before you get admitted just make sure that particular hospital have TTK insurance facility, because some hospitals won't take any insurance plans.

Continue cifran and instead of dolo I suggest you to take aceclofenac (zerodol P) which controls inflammation better.

Hope I have answered your query . If any further queries are there I would love to help.

Dr.Deepika Patil