Suggest treatment for sprain in the foot

Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar

Posted on Wed, 14 Sep 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I was playing volleyball got sprain on my foot. now it is swollen and some of the parts gets dark. does it contagious. There is any remedy
Answered by Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
muscle injury?

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for query.

I saw the message.It seems you had muscle injury and its very common. Just keep cold compression on swollen area. Keep your leg elevated.
You can use sumo spray for local application.
You can take muscle relaxants like Tab Myoril twice daily after food.These medications are available with doctor's prescription.

If the pain is persistant after 2-3 days, Just take an x-ray and consult an orthopedician to rule out tendon injury.

Get back if any query.

Dr VSK

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar